You’ve been working on your favorite language-French or German- for years. You now master structures and are much at ease. You are receiving great compliments for your fluency.
You have been asking yourself if it would be possible to reach a higher level of mastery of your language that would allow you to be mistaken for a native speaker?
People have probably told you that this is impossible.
Well, a lot of things seem impossible until they are done.
So, are you willing to take your “Turing test” in French or German?
Here are a few advices to succeed in your goal:
- Fake it until you make it: practice every day ( pronounciation, intonation, be willing to work on your phonetics, as practice really makes perfect!)
- be knowledgeable in idiomatic expressions ( they will make you sound like a native)
- dig deep into culture and history, learn about culinary and other traditions
- choose a native speaker for your lessons, express your specific needs
- be open about different conversational topics
- read the press and watch movies
- immerse yourself into contemporary culture
What else? Practice, practice, practice…be a parrot, copy speech and body language…
If you manage to turn impossible into I’m possible, you’ll certainly pass your Turing test!
Until then: fake it…until you make it!
Good luck on your future endeavors!
I am here to help you succeed. Book NOW.