One recurrent concern I hear from English speakers is that French natives speak ways too fast to catch the meaning of what they are saying.
Why not start using a powerful tool that modern technology allows us to take advantage of like the audio books? There are currently so many apps that you can download directly upon your smartphone and that offer a great range of audio books in French language.
So where should you start?
- First of all, choose an audio book that is simple, like some tale that you already know about in English.
- The shorter, the better. To begin, it would be better to have a short book that lasts from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Set apart a specific moment of the day when you can concentrate
What are the advantages of the audio books?
- you can use an audio book for active and passive learning
- you can rewind any time, stop and repeat each sentence-as many times as needed
- you will get familiar with different French accents/tones
Within a few months, your French will improve dramatically!
No idea where to search?
Here is a free access library for audio books in French. Have fun! Much success to you!
Your dream to visit Paris has come true and you are happy to be in the City of Lights?
But a shadow remains hanging over you: your communication skills don’t allow you to communicate properly. The more you seem to be trying, the less you are understood.
And you would like to avoid speaking English! After all, you also came to the French Capital to improve your French skills…
Do not panic! I am here to help. I am currently offering one to one or two to one tuition services that will perfectly suit your very precise needs.
No matter if you are here for a short stay or if you are settled in Paris, French lessons in Paris are structured into several types of lesson set:
-2 hours if you’re only there for a few days or if you are not sure about how many lessons you’d like to book in the future. The 2 hours lessons set is perfect if you want to discover the method I am proposing. It will put you quite immediately into concrete communication situations and help you achieve your goal.
-a set of 10 prorated lessons if you need to work more regularly and improve some specific points ( such as accent, pronounciation, grammar, idioms, false cognates, etc…)
-a set of 15 prorated lessons if you need to focus more and to progress more actively. This is a perfect formula for students or persons working in Paris.
Why French lessons in Paris are ALWAYS a good idea:
- all lessons are tailored to your needs: if you need to work on pastry or catering, I will adapt our lessons accordingly. If it is paperwork or business French that you need, we will work it out together!
- one to one tuition is perfect to work out your very specific difficulties, no matter where the difficulty lies ( pronounciation, grammar, communication…)
- I will come to your place or hotel, unless you wish to arrange our lessons at a local Café.
- The lessons are not boring and formal. You will have fun! You are going to love it and before you realize it, you’ll start thinking and speaking like a French person.
- The plus: I am also offering German lessons with similar formulas, as I am also a native speaker and teacher of German
- I am used to teaching English speaking people and I am pretty much aware of the difficulties they may face in both languages.
Do not hesitate! Book NOW!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via my Facebook Business page.
I will get back at you asap in order to schedule our booking.