You’ve been working on your favorite language-French or German- for years. You now master structures and are much at ease. You are receiving great compliments for your fluency.
You have been asking yourself if it would be possible to reach a higher level of mastery of your language that would allow you to be mistaken for a native speaker?
People have probably told you that this is impossible.
Well, a lot of things seem impossible until they are done.
So, are you willing to take your “Turing test” in French or German?
Here are a few advices to succeed in your goal:
- Fake it until you make it: practice every day ( pronounciation, intonation, be willing to work on your phonetics, as practice really makes perfect!)
- be knowledgeable in idiomatic expressions ( they will make you sound like a native)
- dig deep into culture and history, learn about culinary and other traditions
- choose a native speaker for your lessons, express your specific needs
- be open about different conversational topics
- read the press and watch movies
- immerse yourself into contemporary culture
What else? Practice, practice, practice…be a parrot, copy speech and body language…
If you manage to turn impossible into I’m possible, you’ll certainly pass your Turing test!
Until then: fake it…until you make it!
Good luck on your future endeavors!
I am here to help you succeed. Book NOW.
Some websites claim that finding a competent tutor is much more important than having a native speaker at your disposition and that, very often, non-native speakers are capable of explaining better, because they understand that “students can make mistakes”…first of all, let me set the record straight about the latter sentence: native speakers do too!
The truth is that you will need -preferably- BOTH:
- a competent, well trained, experienced tutor who masters grammar, structures and who is able to understand the student’s particular difficulty due to phonetics or grammar or whatever else…
- a person who was immersed into the culture of the language you are currently studying.
Why is this detail of importance? It truly matters if you want to make some consistent progress in your language of study.
By making the choice of trusting a native speaker, you are making the RIGHT CHOICE.
- A native speaker will ALWAYS pronounce RIGHT
- A native speaker will have the right intonation and will help you repeat the sentences with the right accent and intonation. So, you want to sound French or German? Choose a native speaker!
- A native speaker will always insert idioms in his speech very naturally. Idioms are expressions you would barely understand, because they are typical of the country’s way of expressing. It can be a metaphor, it may have a historical background. The native speaker is usually able to tell.
- Especially when it comes to precise knowledge ( culinary habits, cultural habits, school system, politics etc), the native speaker is usually more competent to give you the accurate info you actually need.
“French lessons in Paris” can offer you BOTH:
- an experienced and competent teacher who is used to the specific difficulties of English speakers
- a native speaker of French and German who can help you integrate idioms and structures easily as you progress
In addition, lessons are informal and tailored to each client’s individual needs!
Do not hesitate! Book your lessons NOW!