One recurrent concern I hear from English speakers is that French natives speak ways too fast to catch the meaning of what they are saying.
Why not start using a powerful tool that modern technology allows us to take advantage of like the audio books? There are currently so many apps that you can download directly upon your smartphone and that offer a great range of audio books in French language.
So where should you start?
- First of all, choose an audio book that is simple, like some tale that you already know about in English.
- The shorter, the better. To begin, it would be better to have a short book that lasts from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Set apart a specific moment of the day when you can concentrate
What are the advantages of the audio books?
- you can use an audio book for active and passive learning
- you can rewind any time, stop and repeat each sentence-as many times as needed
- you will get familiar with different French accents/tones
Within a few months, your French will improve dramatically!
No idea where to search?
Here is a free access library for audio books in French. Have fun! Much success to you!